Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

Berkowitz Case Study on AIG

Over the past year I've written about Berkowitz and his AIG investment a few times.  Here are a couple of links:

http://seekingalpha.com/article/278176-investors-flee-berkowitz-s-fairholme-fund-they-should-be-piling-in

http://seekingalpha.com/article/292152-here-is-why-bruce-berkowitz-has-18-of-his-fund-in-aig

http://seekingalpha.com/article/316611-the-fairholme-fund-s-year-to-forget-will-reverse-course-in-2012

I struggled personally with AIG.  The company is without a doubt too big and complicated for me to fully understand.  However, I thought that Berkowitz putting 20% of his fund into AIG might be enough for me to piggyback on.

What I did in the end was invest in a basket of financials at the start of October 2011.  This basket included AIG, BAC, GS, and C.  The market had a huge run the following month and I sold with some lucky short term gains.

I think I'll likely be kicking myself in five years for not staying the course on these names.

Berkowitz now has a case study about his AIG investment on his website.  Here it is:

CaseStudyIIAIG

2 comments:

  1. Hi

    Tks very much for post:

    I like it and hope that you continue posting.

    Let me show other source that may be good for community.

    Source: AIG interview questions

    Best rgs
    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want to get more materials that related to this topic, you can visit: American International Group interview questions

    Best regards.

    ReplyDelete